Rock are delighted to be working exclusively with a globally renowned and well established client who plan, design and implement large and highly complex networks. Our client is looking for an experienced Openstack System Administrator to join their expanding team.
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with a major leading brand in the corporate and technology world, allowing you to be involved in a pioneering innovative business, working from the outset in the advancement of 5G technology.
……from a physical to a virtual world….
Your first year will be based in Sweden, where you will work alongside a multinational networking and telecommunications company, a worldwide brand with an exceptional reputation for pushing the boundaries with 5G technology. After experiencing your first year learning and developing in Sweden you will be based remotely in a choice of Global offices.
• Cloud (open stack preferred).
• Redhat or Mirantis distributions of Open Stack.
• Good layer 2 and 3 networking knowledge.
• Extreme and/or Juniper switches.
• Server and storage HW experience.
• Must be fluent in English - both speaking and written.
• Exceptional communication skills, capable of building relationships on all levels.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a corporate environment or similar.
• Able to travel and relocate.
• EU Passport.
• Creating and Deploying VM using OpenStack.
• Building VM Templates.
• Managing/Troubleshooting the VM infrastructure.
• Working in a Lab environment.
• Assisting researchers and creating VM environments that meet their needs.
The environment is biased towards performance rather than robustness, so telemetry aspects like ceilometer are not relevant.