Rock are delighted to be partnering exclusively with a well - respected Maritime Trust who are looking for a Deputy Safety & Security Manager to support and maintain the high standards achieved and maintained.
This is an interesting and varied role, where no 2 days are the same. There is a strong opportunity for progression and a chance to be involved in all aspects of Safety and Security.
• NEBOSH General Certificate either with Tech IoSH or working towards with IPD is essential (ultimately working towards Chartered status, which would be offered as ongoing training)
• Experience of working ideally within a port or equivalent environment (marine/ construction)
• IT Literate (knowledge of safety software an advantage)
• Port Facility Security Officer Experience/ DGSA / Emergency planning background would be advantageous
• Observational processes and procedures – hands on approach to the management of the facility.
• Provide help and advice to the Commissioners, staff, management and passengers in order to maintain high standards of Health and Safety.
• Reporting, and acting on, any Health and Safety issues.
• Organise training and maintain accurate records.
• Carry out investigations, inspections and meetings where required.
• To plan, implement, monitor and evaluate a health and safety programme inline with the welfare of employees.
• To represent the company on all matters relating to Security, Health and Safety.
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.